Make a Referral
If you are a physician and would like to refer a patient, who is:
- under 18,
- lives in Peel (Mississauga, Brampton or Caledon), and
- experiencing a mental health concern
Please complete our Physician Referral Form [E-Fillable Physician Referral Form (DOCX)/Printable Physician Referral Form (PDF)] and:
- Fax the referral to 905-696-0352
We are experiencing a high volume of Physician Referrals. On receiving a Physician Referral, we will contact the patient to screen the referral as soon as we can. However, they do not need to wait for us to contact them first. They can call us at 905-451-4655 to discuss access to services.
- To request a psychiatric consultation for a patient who is under the age of 18 and lives in Peel, a Physician Referral is required. However, a Physician Referral is not required for a child or youth to access counselling. They can contact WhereToStart.ca on their own to request counselling.
- If an intake is completed, a Physician Referral Follow-Up Letter will be faxed to your office indicating the outcome of the referral.
- If your patient is age 18+,and lives in Mississauga or Halton, your referral should be sent to one-Link
- WhereToStart.ca provides access to mental health services for children and youth living in Peel. WhereToStart.ca does not provide developmental services. For developmental services, consider referring to a Developmental Pediatrician or ErinoakKids.